2003年修改的保護野生動物法令，若沒有局長發出的准證，沒有人可以建設一個供給天然燕子築窩及從中收集燕窩充商業用途。（參Wild Life protection(Ammendment) Ordinance 2003）
Wild Life Protection Ordinance, 1998
The following Ordinance passed by the Dewan Undangan Negeri on 5th May, 1998, and assented to by Tuan Yang Terutama Yang di-Pertua Negeri on 15th May, 1998, is hereby published pursuant to Article 26(3) of the Constitution of the State:
35.-(1) No person shall breed, rear or keep any wild mammal, bird, reptile or amphibian for the purpose of trade, sale or commercial usage without a licence from the Controller.
(2) The sale or offer for sale of any wild mammal, bird, reptile or amphibian which is bred, reared or kept pursuant to subsection (1) shall be regulated –
(a) by conditions imposed in the licence issued thereunder; or
(b) where the sale or offer for sale is not carried out by the holder of a licence issued under subsection (1), in accordance with a licence for the sale thereof issued bt the Controller.
(3) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) or any condition of a licence issued for the purpose stipulated thereunder shall be guilty of an offence: Penalty, imprisonment for one year and a fine of then thousand ringgit.
WILDLIFE PROTECTION RULES 1998PART IV
COMMERCIAL WILDLIFE FARM
Part IV - Rules with its numerous subsections/sub-rules provide the guidelines for the establishment, owning and maintaining a Commercial Wildlife Farm
THE WILD LIFE PROTECTION ORDINANCE, 1998
THE WILD LIFE PROTECTION (EDIBLE BIRD’S NEST)
(AMENDMENT) RULES, 2006
(Made under section 55(1)(j)
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 55(1)(j) of the Wild Life Protection Ordinance, 1998 [Cap. 26], the Majlis Mesyuarat Kerajaan Negeri has made the following Rules:
Citation and commencement
1. These Rules may be cited as the Wild Life Protection (Edible Birds’ Nests) (Amendment) Rules, 2006 and shall come into force on 10th day of August, 2006.
Amendment of Rule 2
2. Rule 2 of the Wild Life Protection (Edible Birds’ Nests) Rules, 1998 [Swk. L.N. 95/98] (“the Principal Rules”) is amended –
(a) by adding immediately after the word “birds” at the end of the definition of “collection” the words “or any building or structure which is use for harbouring or providing facilities for birds to make nests”;
(b) by inserting immediately after the definition of “collection” the following:
“ “Controller of Environmental Quality” means the person appointed to that office pursuant to section 3(9) of the Natural Resources and Environment Ordinance [Cap. 84 (1985 Ed,)];”;
(c) by substituting a semicolon for the full stop at the end of the definition of “sell”; and
(d) by inserting immediately after that the following definition of “swiftlets farming”;
“ swiftlets farming” includes the rearing or harbouring of swiftlets or providing facilities for swiftlets, to make or create nests to be collected for the purpose of sale or trade as edible birds’ nests.”.
Amendment of Rule 6
3. Rule 6 of the Principal Rules is amended by inserting immediately after the word “place” in the paragraph (5) the words “or building”.
New rules 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21
4. The Principal Rules are amended by adding immediately after rule 16 the following:
“Licence to build, erect or maintain any building or structure for swiftlets farming
17. (1) A licence to build, erect or maintain any building or structure for the purpose of swiftlets farming as required under section 33(2)(b) of the Ordinance shall be in the Form 3 of the First Schedule .
(2) No such licence shall be issued by the Controller unless the State Planning Authority has given its approval for the land or building or structure to which the licence relates to be used for such purpose.
Site permitted for swiftlets farming
18. Notwithstanding rule 17, no land or building shall be used for swiftlets farming if the land or building is –
(a) within an area of land declared to be town land under section 11(1) of the Land Code [Cap. 81 (1958 Ed.)]; or
(b) within the area of land declared to be suburban land under section 11(1) of the Land Code [Cap. 81 (1958 Ed.)] unless the special condition of the title for the land allows it to be used for agricultural and written approval has been obtained from the Superintendent of Lands and Surveys of the Division for the erection of the building to be used for swiftlets farming
Environment Impact Assessment Report
19.-(1) Before approving an application for a licence required under section 33(2)(b) of the Ordinance, the Controller may, after consultation with the Controller of Environmental Quality, direct the applicant to submit an environmental impact assessment report on the impact of which the proposal would have on the environment and the measures required to mitigate against any adverse environment impact that can arise if the application for the licence were to be approved.
(2) Upon evaluation of the report, the Controller may after consultation with the Controller of the Environmental Quality specify such measures as may be required to be undertaken by the licensee for the protection of the environment as conditions in the licence.
Guidelines for environmental protection
20. Notwithstanding rule 19, the holder of any licence issued by the Controller shall comply with such guidelines as may be issued from time to time by the Controller of Environmental Quality, and shall also ensure that the effluent discharged from the licensed premises shall comply with Standard B of the Environmental Quality (Sewage and Industrial Effluents) Regulations 1979 [P.U.(A) 12/79].